Country Girl Through & Through
I'm a country girl from the western part of Virginia in a small community of New Castle/Craig County. I've lived in Craig all my life-eighteen years with my parents and siblings and forty + years with my wonderful husband.
We have two children, a boy and a girl, and two grandchildren, all of which we love very much. We live on a 500 acre+ farm that has been in my husbands family for over 200 years. We are raising beef cattle, chickens, rabbits and a couple dogs.. We grow pretty much all we eat or harvest from the farm and I can't imagine living anywhere else.
I love to create, craft, quilt, read, write, decorate, crochet, candlewick, bake, bow hunt, cook, garden, farm animals and walking/hunting in the woods. I love sharing our home with family and friends.
I hope you enjoy the posts that I enter on my blog and hopefully will be helpful and/or fun to all that read it.
- 32,980 hits
Sampler QuiltCompletion of the King-size Sampler QuiltDecember 31st, 20188 months to go.
My Favorite Blogs
- kleio's belly
- In My Mind's Eye
- Samantha Webb
- All Glorious
- Life In The Lofthouse
- The Lazy Homesteader
- The Cape Coop
- Robby Robin's Journey
- Homemade Happiness
- New Garden Homestead
- The Farmer's Wifee
- COUNTRY LINKed
- Sew She Sews's
- The Ranch Wife Chronicles
- Life, Old Fashioned
- One Grace Filled Life
- The Make Your Own Zone
- Misty Meadows Homestead & more!
- Putterboo Farm
- Rise and Shine Rabbitry
Top Posts & Pages
Redwork GoalRedwork Quilt CompletedAugust 30th, 20184 months to go.
Most Viewed Posts w/Comments
Hours & Info540-864-56157:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. DAILY
Post Archives for the Country Girl
Social Media I’m Involved With
- View CountrygirlLifeontheFarm’s profile on Facebook
- View RitaCaldwell53’s profile on Twitter
- View NanaCountryFarm’s profile on Pinterest
- View Rita Caldwell’s profile on LinkedIn
- View Rita Caldwell’s profile on Google+
- View vacountrygirl’s profile on Flickr
- View countrygirllifeonthefarm’s profile on Tumblr
- Follow countrygirl-lifeonthefarm on WordPress.com
Learning the LoomMade her first weaved rugDecember 30th, 20188 months to go.
Looking for something specific? Enter a key word in box below and click enter.
750 Posts completed by end of 2018Blogging Posts GoalDecember 31st, 20188 months to go.
Goodreads-These are books I want to read or have read and I’m a book lover!!
Posts You May Have Missed
- Fruit Tree Frost Damage April 20, 2018
- In Our Backyard April 20, 2018
- Karen White Has Done it Again April 17, 2018
- Firewood For the Next Heating Season April 11, 2018
- Spring Cattle Move April 11, 2018
- Addition To The Farm April 11, 2018
- From Inside the House March 25, 2018
- Snow for !st Day of Spring March 21, 2018
- Our First 2018 Thunderstorm March 18, 2018
- Spring Calving Season is Here Again March 13, 2018
- A Few of My Favorite Cleaners March 12, 2018
- Homemade March 12, 2018
- Accumulation March 12, 2018
- Maple Syrup Season was Short & Sweet March 12, 2018
- Redwork in Progress February 5, 2018
- Morning Feed Ritual at the Farm February 1, 2018
- Last Day of January 2018 January 31, 2018
- It’s Been A Year January 17, 2018
- Cold & Flu Season January 17, 2018
- A Taste of Frigid Weather January 10, 2018
- I Am So Blessed December 29, 2017
- Dish Flowers December 29, 2017
- Cleaning Up the Mountain December 29, 2017
- Finish out 2017 . . . . December 29, 2017
- Happy Thanksgiving November 23, 2017
- Lunch with Micah November 11, 2017
- Cacti Bloom A Little Early November 11, 2017
- CASS Railroad Trip November 10, 2017
- Kitchen Redo November 10, 2017
- Visits To Covington November 10, 2017