My yard is blooming

Posted on

No words, just the beauty of my photos, says enough I think!

Peonies and rose

White rose  (old)

DSCN5569

Red Rose (old)

DSCN5568

Siberian Iris

DSCN5565

I have two of these in the yard and I can cut them back to a foot tall and by June they’re back full of green, pink and white.  It’s so pretty and covers the ground at the yard entrance with rose petals all summer.

9 thoughts on “My yard is blooming

Colin Huggins said:
    June 11, 2014 at 12:47 am

That “jade plant” will grow profusely in your bathroom – loves the
    steam which comes from a hot shower – so remember that when the winter comes. The plant will go beserk!!!!
    Lovely sunny day again but rain is expected in the next few days and better still will go inland for much benefit to the rural properties for grass growth for the winter months.
    Some of the stock out west are just skin and bones – tragic!
    Post 2 should get there in the next couple of days.

countrygirllifeonthefarm responded:
      June 11, 2014 at 8:03 am

I’ll try to remember that this winter. It spent last year in an upstairs window that faces northeast and it went wild. I had to cut off more than two-thirds of it this spring and now it’s recuperating in the yard.
      Will let you know when I receive your second post. Don’t remember if I told you that there are no stamp collectors in the family.
      We got much needed rain last night and it’s supposed to be more of a chance today and tomorrow.

holly24130Holly said:
    June 10, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Sweet, my dear! When does Margaret come?

bobraxton said:
    June 10, 2014 at 9:46 am

impressive. My mother’s side (Thompson, NC Orange / Alamance counties) English – the house of my great-grandparents and my grandparents has a rock chimney that is supposed to pre-date Civil War. On my father’s side, when he was age nine their house burned and they built (in 1925) the one I knew and know. The house is still being used (Snow Camp, NC) but not by anybody in the extended family.

Carol Trutt said:
    June 10, 2014 at 9:21 am

Beautiful!!!

bobraxton said:
    June 10, 2014 at 8:56 am

enjoying the tour of your place – beautiful

countrygirllifeonthefarm responded:
      June 10, 2014 at 9:16 am

Thank you! I’m very proud of the way it is shaping up. It has been in the family through at least six generations. It’s also a lot of work and keeps my husband very busy!

Comments are closed.